Sunday 18 May 2014

Back to Digital?

OK, after spending the last week making landscape monoprints I think I’m going to have to give in and print this book digitally. (Does anyone have a printer that they’d recommend? I’m going to have to give in and invest in a new one.)
I’ve managed 6 landscapes that work but they all have many more layers of paint than the original experiments. I don’t think that they will crease cleanly to make an accordion structure, especially when I want to add two other layers to give a sense of depth to the piece.
I’ll still use the monotype process to generate the images though I’m thinking of making each valley into a separate time of day/weather (I can cut and paste scans of the prints to achieve this).  But I also want to try and get a variety of colour changes across the face of the ruin to add interest to the middle layer of the book.
These images are the 84x21 landscapes. The colours don’t come out too well in these photographs; I’ll post more detailed segments when I’ve scanned them.

2 comments:

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.